The Natalie & Alice Fish Story

We are the Fishes. In 2011 two of our five children; Natalie and Alice were diagnosed with a rare gene disfunction called Leaky SCID (Severe Combined Immune Deficiency). Their condition is so rare that only two cases are reported in the U.S. each year. Both girls have endured much, and have spent most of their young lives in and out of hospitals due to common illnesess a healthy immune system would overcome. The required treatment for our girls is a bone marrow transplant.
Although the new marrow could mean a normal life for them, it will be a long and arduous road. This blog is to share our experience as parents and the courage of our children.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Email from Lisy

Nov. 26, 2011

Hello,
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We enjoyed Dad’s turkey, as always! Today is Natalie’s baptism. She is super excited. Tyler has practiced with her and I have tried to help the kids practice the song that all the children will be singing for the special musical number. However, I sometimes wonder if I do more damage than good. I hope in Heaven I will have a beautiful singing voice. Wednesday we talked with Bone Marrow again. They emailed us a schedule of next week’s events. Wow, that is all I have to say. It will be a marathon of appointments. Because I want to begin blogging again for a journal record etc I am going to include next week’s schedule for our journal purposes and for those who are interested in knowing what will be happening. Eventually, I want to copy all my email updates into our blog…and then I will just email everyone the blog address so you can follow what you wish. Thanks again to everyone for all you do. This would be impossible without the love, support, generosity and faith of so many.

Tyler and Lisy

No comments:

Post a Comment