The Natalie & Alice Fish Story

We are the Fishes. In 2011 two of our five children; Natalie and Alice were diagnosed with a rare gene disfunction called Leaky SCID (Severe Combined Immune Deficiency). Their condition is so rare that only two cases are reported in the U.S. each year. Both girls have endured much, and have spent most of their young lives in and out of hospitals due to common illnesess a healthy immune system would overcome. The required treatment for our girls is a bone marrow transplant.
Although the new marrow could mean a normal life for them, it will be a long and arduous road. This blog is to share our experience as parents and the courage of our children.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Come Fly the Friendly Skies.

We had high hopes of Natalie improving today, however she is still very uncomfortable due to stomach pains. Her fevers continue to persist and puzzle the doctors. They will try CT scan of her stomach tomorrow morning. For now it is trying to make her as comfortable as we possibly can. Aunt Amberly was planing to stay the night with her, but the pain was such that Natalie pleaded for Lisy to return and stay with her. Lisy left around 10pm tonight back to the hospital to be with her. I did meds for Alice and tucked the kids in bed. Alice is feeling better now as we had a 24 hr. virus hit both she and Evie yesterday.  Wonderful to see that Alice's new immune system preformed well.
It was a tougher day, however I was able to get out and run with some music in my ears for a bit.  Running is a great mental escape for me, and today I listened to Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin. So, for fifteen minutes my life was one big United Airlines commercial. "....Come fly the friendly skies." I really did enjoy those commercials.

Tyler

2 comments:

  1. I got to play "Rhapsody in Blue" once. It is such an amazing piece of music. I'm glad to know you like it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that Natalie is so sick! Lets hope the tests come back with something! I hate not knowing!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete