The Natalie & Alice Fish Story

We are the Fishes. In 2011 two of our five children; Natalie and Alice were diagnosed with a rare gene disfunction called Leaky SCID (Severe Combined Immune Deficiency). Their condition is so rare that only two cases are reported in the U.S. each year. Both girls have endured much, and have spent most of their young lives in and out of hospitals due to common illnesess a healthy immune system would overcome. The required treatment for our girls is a bone marrow transplant.
Although the new marrow could mean a normal life for them, it will be a long and arduous road. This blog is to share our experience as parents and the courage of our children.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Better Day

Today was a good day for Natalie. Partly because it was an off day for her ATG Chemo. I took care of the kids until noon and headed up to relieve Lisy around 2 PM. Natalie and I colored and cut out Christmas decorations. I must say that I enjoyed coloring, its been since grade school I think that I picked up some colored pencils and put them to use on a coloring book.  I am grateful that we have a room.

Tomorrow will be a hard day as she will resume all three Chemo treatments.  I've been impressed with her positive attitude even when she is feeling aches and pains.  I am sure she will be able to draw on this experience later in life.  I am very proud to be her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment